Friday, September 1, 2017

August Reading Wrap Up

I didn't do a great job with reading this month. I mean, it's not a contest. Who am I even competing against? EXACTLY. But that said, I didn't get as mnay pages read as I expect to. Mostly cos I haven't been doing my normal commute to work. Penn Station has been a nightmare this summer while they do lots of track work. And my train isn't actually going into Penn so getting the office requires a train, a boat, and a bus and that is too many modes of transportation. I am very lucky in that I'm able to work remotely so I have been for the most part. Though that also means I'm missing a big chunk of regularly scheduled reading time. Which is a minor complaint and if I wanted to read, what else am I doing with my time that I can't just read then? (Twitter. I'm on Twitter alternatively laughing and being terrified of/for/by the world.)

So that was a whole paragraph excuse why my stats are as low as they are. Also I didn't really do a whole lot in August so there's also that.

OK stat time.

Number of books read
3
My Boyfriend Barfed in my Handbag...And Other Things You Can't Ask Martha by Jolie Kerr
The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way by Bill Bryson
One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter by Scaachi Koul

Number of pages read
769
Fiction
0%

Female Authors
67%

POC authors
33%

US authors
67%

Book formats
ebook: 33%
paperback: 67%

Where'd I get the book
Indie: 67%
Kindle: 33%

Reread
33%

Books by decade
1990s: 33%
2010s: 67%

Books by genre
Essays: 33%
History: 33%
Self-Help: 33%

Resolution books
67%
Mother Tongue was published before 2000
One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter is by a Canadian POC author. Double whammy