Thursday, September 1, 2016

August Reading Wrap Up

Oh man, summer. She's pretty much over now, isn't she? Not that I guess it means that much without school being a thing, but still, it's sad when summer is over. Even though I don't do summery things like "go to the beach" or "be in the sun in general". August was not too much different than July but I did take a mini-staycation. And by staycation I mean extended mental health break cos of July and mid-August was just the first point I could take the time. And I still ended up doing some work because hahaha of course. But my reading was an improvement over July and I even managed to squeak some resolution books in there, so win.
So hey, stat time!

Total books read
5
The Luckiest Girl by Jessica Knoll (3 stars)
The Parable of the Talents by Octavia E. Butler (4 stars)
The Wander Society by Keri Smith (3 stars)
A Pleasure and a Calling by Phil Hogan (3 stars)
Hag Seed by Margaret Atwood (4 stars)

Total pages
1,618

Fiction
80%

Female authors
80%
White authors
80%

US authors
60%

Book format
ebook - 40%
hardback - 20%
paperback - 40%

Where'd I get the book
gift - 20%
Just the Right Book - 40%
Kindle - 20%
Netgalley - 20%

Rereads
0%

Review books
20%

Readalong/Bookclub
0%

Blogger reco
40%

Translation
0%

Books by decade
1990s - 20%
2010s - 80%

Books by genre
Creativity - 20%
Dystopia - 20%
Lit Fic - 20%
Thriller - 40%

Resolution books
60% - NOT NONE!
The Parable of the Talents was published before 2000 and is by a person of color. 
A Pleasure and a Calling and Hag Seed are both by non-US authors (UK and Canada, respectively).

Here's to fall and pumpkin spiced things.