Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December reading stats

The year is over, or just about. The point is, I'm not going to be finishing anymore books before Jan 1, because I'm distracted listening to the Hamilton soundtrack. So let's start with my December stats, and I'll save the year end stats for another post because then I get another post out of this deal. Good job, me.

Overall, I'm not too surprised that my stats for December aren't great. Between travel and holidays and whatnot, this is never the month where I accomplish much. Other than eating a bunch of cookies. I'm doing SO WELL with that.  So with that, let's take a look at those stats.

Total books read
4
Honeydew by Edith Pearlman
The Big Short by Michael Lewis
Lafayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell
The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

Total pages read
1,180

Percentage of fiction read 
50%

Percentage of female authors
75%

Percentage of white authors
100% - dammit
Percentage of US authors
100%

Book formats
paperback - 100%

Rereads
0%

Review books
0%

Books by decade
2010s - 100%

Books by genre
Economics - 25%
History - 25%
Short Stories - 25%
Thriller - 25%

Resolution books
0%

That's alright. The holidays are for slacking off on responsibilities and eating a bunch of crap. I'm sure the 2015 stats will look better. (I hope, I hope, I hope.)

And because I mentioned in my end of year survey that I wanted to try to get up to date on reviews, let's list out what books I have to review:
Think Like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner
Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Black Chalk by Christopher J. Yates
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
Revenge by Yoko Ogawa
Honeydew by Edith Pearlman
The Big Short by Michael Lewis
Lafayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell
The Good Girl by Mary Kubica