Monday, July 7, 2014

How To Build A Girl readalong - Introductions

Hiiiii everybody
I am super excited to take part in this How To Build A Girl readalong. Thank you Emily for hosting this.

For those of you who don't know me already, hi! I'm Alley. Or Red. Whichever. I've been writing here at What Red Read for a long time now. 4 years? Maybe more. It feels like forever at this point. Anyway, like I'm sure most/everyone taking part in this readalong, I write about books. I know, you never would have guessed if I hadn't told you. I tend to read contemporary fiction (according to my reading stats) and love funny/quirky books the best. I tend to rave a LOT about Christopher Moore and similar stuff.

When Emily mentioned this readalong was going to be a Caitlin Moran one I was ALL OVER THAT.
I'm pretty sure it was Laura who convinced me to read Moran's book How To Be A Woman. Which yay for that because that book is soo good. Have you read it yet? If not, you should probably get on that. Sometime later I read Moranthology, a collection of her columns from the various publications she's written for. Is it even better than How To Be A Woman? Yes, kind of. It's very different, but it's one that I find myself re-reading a lot in little bits. It's easy to read a column here or there. And I could read her reviews of the Sherlock episodes over and over (and over) again. Yeah, after those, I NEED more Moran in my life.

For those of you not taking part in the readalong, you can pre-order the book from Odyssey Bookshop.

Until next week when we can begin discussing the book and sharing the gifs. Oh, the gifs.