Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Reading Stats

March is over. I'm a pretty big fan of March cos, you know, my birthday and all. Pretty good reason to love the month, I'd say. And I did pretty good with my reading stats, which is nice because this year hadn't been going to good for me reading wise. Whatever reading slump I was in I think I've moved past it and I have some books coming up I'm pretty excited about. But let's see how March went

Number of books read
5

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
Clay's Ark by Octavia Butler

OK, so there's a lot of Butler. I'm working on her Pattermaster series but I'm counting them each separately because shut up, I do what I want.

Total pages read
2,273

Percentage of fiction
100%

Percentage of female authors
60% - sure it's all the same female author, but still

Percentage of white authors
40% - Go, Butler, Go!

Percentage of US authors
80%

Percentage of ebooks
100% pretty sure this is the first time this happened

Percentage of re-reads
0%

Percentage of review books
0%

Books written by decade
1850s - 20%
1970s - 20%
1980s - 40%
2010s - 20%

Books by genre
Horror - 20%
Classic/FANCY novel - 20%
Sci-fi - 60%

The genres seemed more straight forward last month, although I still question what Bleak House should be categorized as. And even Butler's stuff is sci-fi but also other things.

Edit: Classic/Literature/FANCY novel. That's where Bleak House falls

Let's see how April goes. I have hope.