Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Reading Wrap-Up

Fall is here. Officially and whatnot. The pumpkin spicing of ALL THE THINGS has commenced. Also I would really like a pumpkin mocha breve from Fangirl but all of the versions of it I've heard about require about 5 minutes just to say the order. So perhaps Starbucks could just make it a menu item? I would appreciate that.

Hey remember in August how I managed to read some non-white people and books that were older than me? Yeah, that didn't so much happen in September. Whoops. It's a bit upsetting that in order to be more diverse I have to really work at it. It doesn't just come naturally. Except with lady authors. I'm pretty happy with the frequency I read lady authors considering it takes no additional effort other than "these books look like exactly the type of thing I would enjoy." And with that, onto the stats!

Number of books read
5
Tell The Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
The Last Girlfriend on Earth and Other Stories by Simon Rich
Horns by Joe Hill
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Number of pages read
1,871

Percentage of fiction
100% - I reject your real world

Percentage of female authors
40%

Percentage of white authors
100%

Percentage of US authors
80%

Percentage of ebooks
40%

Percentage of review copies
0%

Books written by decade
1990s - 20%
2010s - 80%

Perhaps there's hope October will have more diversified reading, but given I'll also be hosting The Corrections readalong which means I will most likely be leaning on comfort reads in between chapters. We shall see.