Monday, July 1, 2013

June Reading Wrap-Up

Another month gone. And this month marked the end of the 6 month (!!) Harry Potter readalong. In the beginning I couldn't imagine sticking with the readalong the whole way through and now I'm so bummed that my Friday posts are my own again. Le sigh. Now I fear I'm going to have to actually try to read non-US female authored books. Rowling was so good for my stats.

Now without further ado, the June stats

Number of books read
3
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

(I was listening to World War Z on audio and thought I finished it but that it had a more abrupt ending than I remembered. Then I realized tracks didn't get transferred over because my iPod was full. I'm very observant.)

Number of pages read
1,655

Percentage of fiction
67% - oh hey look, I got some non-fiction read!

Percentage of female authors
33%

Percentage of white authors
100% - whoops

Percentage of US authors
33% - the Brits are winning this month

Percentage of eBooks
33% - just American Gods. Because of sales. Deathly Hallows was half audiobook. I wonder if I should start tracking that as well

Books written by decade
2000 - 100% I have a comfort decade, apparently

So there you go. I have some work to do. As I always do. But that's good. I wouldn't want to complete all of my goals all at once. What would I have to worry about reading wise then?