Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Goodreads, you have confused me

Goodreads was bought by Amazon, right? There was lots of anger and kerfuffle and interest around this deal. Wikipedia lists them as an owner and you know, if it's on the internet it must be true.

When I opened my email this morning, I saw this.

OK, so one of the books on my TBR has just been released and it's letting me know. Who cares?

Hold on, that may be a bit hard to read. Let me blow up the important part

Again, so Amazon is part owner of Goodreads so why isn't Amazon featured here? Or at the very least listed. I checked and the book is available on Amazon so it's not that.

I'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing that Amazon isn't listed here as a Goodreads suggestion where I should buy my copy of This is Paradise. I'm just saying, why wouldn't they be there?

Though this sorta makes me rethink all of the fears people shared when the Amazon buy first happened.