Friday, June 21, 2013

Harry Potter Readalong Wrap-Up - How can this be over?

You guys, this is it. The last Harry Potter Friday. The final wrap up post after this 6 month readalong. How nuts is that? 6 months of reading and writing about Harry Potter. That is crazy impressive. Especially when I think way back to when this readalong was first suggested and the thought of committing to anything for 6 months was crazy. How am I going to stick with it? Now I don't know what I'm going to do next Friday. Who is going to listen to thoughts about wizarding plumbing? WHO I ASK YOU?

Alice, super big thanks and hugs for hosting this thing because it has been insanely fun.
Hug or awk Bill dance. Whatevs
Last minute questions/thoughts that weren't included in the readalong posts (where they belong) and instead I'm going to awkwardly shove them here. Because I'm not ready to admit this is over
  • Charlie riding into the Hogwarts battle on a dragon. I know it would have been ridiculous and the tone would have been wrong but SIRIUSLY how badass would that have been? I mean, he was there fighting right?
  • Firewhiskey, so is this magic whiskey? Or just like normal whiskey but it has to be wizarding so it's just a brand? Except the Harry Potter wiki tells me there are dif brands of firewhiskey but not what makes firewhiskey different than Jameson or something. I need answers to the important questions.
Keeping with the theme of I'm not ready for this to end yet, here's a few GIFs that I tried to shoehorn in to the normal readalong posts but never managed
wizards should use more fairy dust



Thank you not only to Alice but to everyone else that played along with this readalong. We had laughs and cries and arguments and it has been SO MUCH FUN. Best book club ever.

What's that, you wanted to see a list of ALL the Harry Potter readalong posts? Of course you do

Intro Post
Harry Potter readalong - IT BEGINS

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry - yer a wizard
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts
It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black
Your father is alive in you, Harry

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Moody, we never use Transfiguration as punishment
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?
We are only as strong as we are united, weak as we are divided

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
REMEMBER MY LAST, PETUNIA
I must not tell lies
The thing about growing up with Fred and George...is that you sort of start thinking anything is possible if you've got enough nerve
HP & OotP final post - all the crying

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
HP & HBP part I - still no quote title
I knew I was different. I knew I was special
Dumbledore's man through and through

The Tales of Beedle the Bard
Magic causes as much trouble as it cures

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
I don't think you're a waste of space
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death
It's so unfair that you had to die, when you were so good and brave
Do not pity the the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love

And finally, I leave you with this, care of Awkward Family Photos - Pregnant Edition
Someone Slytherin-ed to her Chamber of Secrets