Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bookish centerpieces: I need your help

Wedding post time!

I've done pretty much no wedding planning stuff yet, cos I'm responsible like that. We're starting to look at venues so things are moving forward but yeah. For the most part the little details of wedding planning I'm very "meh" on. I'm also kinda "eh" on the big picture stuff. BUT I did think of something that I'd like to do. But I need your help.

It may not be a full on bookish wedding*, but of course I would like some bookish elements. My friend had book centerpieces which were great and I'm not saying I'm NOT going to steal that idea. Just that I'd like to add something else to it. Also at one point during the evening a drink got knocked over. DON'T WORRY, I saved the books, but it was close. But will other people be that quick if something like that were to happen at my wedding??

I saw a thing on Pinterest (? yeah probably there) where instead of normal table numbers, you use literary couples.
Book Lover Wedding
GREAT IDEA, RIGHT? Except I'm having trouble coming up with those literary couples. I have no idea how many I'd need (because I haven't planned out a wedding list or number of tables or a venue yet. Again, responsible) so I'm just looking for however many literary couples I think of.

I've come up with the obvious ones, but I know I'm missing some good ones. So PLEASE HELP! Let me know some couples in the comments. Here's a few of the ones I came up with.

Lizzie & Darcy
Romeo & Juliet (even though they're tragic and possibly the wrong choice for a wedding)
Gatsby & Daisy (cost they're in the picture so yeah)
Ron & Hermione
Thursday Next & Landen Parke-Laine (from the Thursday Next series)

What are other literary couples I should consider?

Suggestions from the comments!
Marius & Cossette from Les Mis
Jane Eyre & Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre
Macbeth & Lady Macbeth from Macbeth
Scarlett & Rhett from Gone with the Wind
Elinor & Edward from Sense & Sensibility
Beatrice & Benedick from Much Ado About Nothing
Anne & Frederick from Persuasion
Charlie & Sam from Perks of Being a Wallflower
Anne & Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables series
Emma & Mr. Knightly from Emma
Anne Elliot & Captain Wentworth from...
Tristan and Isolde from Tristan and Isolde
Lancelot & Guinevere from Legends of King Arthur
Robin Hood & Maid Marian from Robin Hood
Katherine & Petruchio from The Taming of the Shrew
Jamie & Claire from the Outlander series
Tatiana & Alexander from The Bronze Horseman
Penelope & Odysseus from The Odyssey
Parzival & Art3mis from Ready Player One
Peter Pan & Wendy from Peter Pan
Levin/Bill Weasley (in the movie version) & Kitty from Anna Karenina
Daenyrs & Drogo from Game of Thrones
Mina & Jonathan Harker from Dracula
Frodo & Samwise from The Lord of the Rings
Bill & Fleur from the Harry Potter series
Molly & Arthur from the Harry Potter series
Aragorn & Arwen from The Lord of the Rings
Antony & Cleopatra from Antony & Cleopatra 
Henry & Clare from The Time Traveler's Wife 
Jo & Laurie from Little Women 
Florentino & Fermina from Love in the Time of Cholera
Anna & Vronsky from Anna Karenina
Hermia & Lysander from A Midsummer Night's Dream 

*My idea to get married in a bookstore was veto-ed even though it's an amazing idea, although they probably have a point because I'd inevitably get distracted. I'll be sitting on the ground reading something while people tell me I'm supposed to cut the cake or whatever other wedding things you're supposed to do.