Friday, June 1, 2012

May Reading Wrap-Up

Another month has come and gone. This was a pretty successful reading month for me. I read not one but two challenge books. I read the new Christopher Moore book. I re-read a book I've already reviewed here, and this is the first time that's happened. I've done re-reads before but never for a book I already reviewed. But I was putting off reading Emma and I needed some Tina Fey.

Stats time!

Number of books read
5
Sacre Bleu: A Comedy D'Art by Christopher Moore
The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
Bossypants by Tina Fey (the link is from the original post I wrote last May)
Emma by Jane Austen

Number of pages read
1,687

Percentage of fiction read
80%

Percentage of female authors
40%

Percentage of white authors
100% (dammit, again? OK, me, this is really pathetic)

Percentage of US authors
40%

Percentage of ebooks
40%

Percentage of challenge books
40% !

Books written by decade
1810s - 20%
1900s - 20%
2010s - 60%

My reading is so white. So white. I need to fix this. And now I'm picking up a book about (mostly) privileged white teenagers buying expensive crap. I need to work harder at this...