Thursday, May 3, 2012

April Reading Wrap-Up

April got away from me. I blame the weather, throwing things off. I don't know how things were in your neck of the woods but the month started with 80 degree sunny days and has ended with just rain, rain, cool, rain. I don't have a good reason why this would make April go any faster, but just go with it.

This was a fun bookish month for me! I went to 2 book signings that I may have mentioned once or twice on here. I joined Alice's The Woman in White readalong which was super fun and I will be playing along again. And I read another challenge book, that same The Woman in White, for Ben's Smooth Criminals challenge.

Stats time!

Number of books read
4
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
The Lost Continent by Bill Bryson
Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson

Total pages read
1,383

Percentage of fiction read
50%

Percentage of female authors
50%

Percentage of white authors
100% (whomp)

Percentage of US authors
75%

Percentage of ebooks
50%

Percentage of challenge books
25%

Books written by decade
1860s - 25%
1980s - 25%
2010s - 50%

Really need to work on reading stuff by non-white people. This is getting extra sad. Also I read a lot less than I thought. Or rather, I finished less than I thought. I just finished a book yesterday and I'm more than 1/2 way through Sacre Bleu which I've been reading for awhile but because it's a huge hardback book I haven't brought it on my commute because I like my back and would prefer not to break it.