Friday, January 20, 2012

More excuses for not posting more

I feel like I have so many excuses posts. I should make it a label. But this is a good excuse you guys, I swear!

You unwrap houses, right?
Boyfriend and I bought a place. Well, more specifically we finally closed on a place. If all of those Property Virgins/My First Place shows are to be believed, you've "bought" the place when the seller accepts your offer. If that's the case, Boyfriend and I bought a place in October and I am way late telling everyone. But this last week in particular has been a flurry of half-assed packing (which will turn into whirlwind of frantic last-minute packing next week), signing roughly a bajillion pieces of paper, writing checks for amounts that make me cry, and all that jazz. You'd think I'd be at least used to the moving part, since for the better part of the decade I've moved about once a year, but I manage to block out anything I learn from the earlier moves. Other than "Gah! Moving is le suck. Just throw everything into a box. We'll worry about it later."

So I haven't posted much lately or even played around on Twitter as much as I want to, but I swear stuff is coming! I have some reviews for you PLUS my buddy Paul/Paolo has a post for the Classics Reading Challenge that he sent me and hopefully you guys will appreciate his awesomeness without noticing how much it eclipses my own.

Reviews to come*
The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare (this one is already written! I just need to actually post it...)
Shakespeare: The World as Stage by Bill Bryson