Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Aaaand we're back

Actually just I'm back. I don't have multiple people writing these things. It's more of the royal we. Anyway, back!

You know when you go on vacation and then you come back and it's like everything has exploded and you're not quite sure how you're going to catch up with everything? That's what I'm doing right now. My work email had 683 emails for me to work my way through this morning, not counting the emails I have auto-sorting somewhere else. My Google Reader is still at over 400 unread posts. I read 3 books (Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark, A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan) while avoiding the computer, so I also have some reviews I need to write up. So what I'm saying is, it's taking me a lot to not just run away again and I'm afraid I'm going to end up in the shame spiral so accurately depicted in Hyperbole and a Half*.

If you haven't figured it out, this post is an excuse post for why I don't have a real post yet. And to explain some more why I might be leaving comments way after you've posted them. And cos I still feel disconnected and I'm trying to get back into everything and it's taking longer than I thought it would. Granted I didn't consider any re-connection time when I really should have assumed it, but what are you going to do.

*This isn't a paid endorsement or anything. That would rule but no, I just can't help but think about "Internet Forever" while writing this. Plus she's hilarious so yeah, you should probably be reading her stuff anyway.