Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Reading Wrap-Up

At the end of January I decided to start posting a monthly wrap up report, to see how my reading has been going and if there are any trends I'm noticing.  So here are my stats from February

Number of books read
6

Total Pages Read
1,652

Percentage of fiction read
83%

Percentage of female authors
50%

Percentage of white authors
83%

Percentage of authors from the US
83%

Percentage of eBooks read
33%

Percentage of re-reads
33%

Books written by decade break out
2010s - 17%
2000s - 33%
1990s - 33%
1970s - 17%

I'm doing pretty good on the number of pages read and even the female/male distribution. However, the books I read are still mostly by white authors (Toni Morrison is the 1 exception here) and mostly by US authors (Emma Donoghue is from Ireland). I'm not too worried about so little non-fiction being read. I expected as much and I actually have a non-fiction book I'm reading now. As long as there's a little bit of non-fiction I'm happy.

I do think I need to work on my time period spread.  Everything is written within the last 50 years. I think I should probably throw something a bit older in there. Perhaps it's time to finally give Pride and Prejudice (no zombies this time) a whirl?

How are your own reading stats looking? Happy with the way things are going? Need to change things up a bit?